Wednesday, December 12, 2018

How To Decide If You Should Shave Your Head

How To Decide If You Should Shave Your HeadNow that I shave my head, I love it and I think I will keep on shaving it for a very long time. However, it took me a long time to decide to actually shave it.

The way I decided to shave my head was through a test. I took my hands and pulled the hair back at the hairline on my head, so I couldn't see any hair. This was so I could get a feel for what I would look like with a clean shaven head. Once I did that I decided that I wouldn't look too bad, so I bought a pair of clippers from Wal-mart to shorten the hair before I cleaned it up with a razor.

If you're not quite sure if you want to shave your head, you can always put a guard on the clippers and go down incrementally, so you still have some hair if you decide you don't want to shave your head. This will cut down on the time you have to wait for your hair to grow back.

You can keep on putting different guards that will allow you to cut your hair shorter and shorter. Of course this is going to take some time, but it might be worth it if you decide not to shave your head after all.

Ultimately, to be able to tell whether you like the shaved head look you are going to have to shave your head. Once you do shave your head you may like it, you may hate it or have mixed feelings about the look.

It's similar to when you grow your beard out for awhile. You get used to seeing yourself with a beard. Then once you shave your beard, you look different and are not sure if you like it because you are so used to seeing yourself with a beard. Then after a while you are used to the look of being clean shaven. The same thing applies to your head.

Not everyone is going to like your shaved head. My mother still tells me she likes me better with hair. Other people on the other hand are going to love it. Be true to yourself and decide if you like it or don't like it based on what you think and not what other people think.

As a final note, another major reason why I decided to shave my head was I wasn't doing anything with my hair. I wasn't styling it, I would just get out of the shower and let it dry.

On top of that my hair was starting to recede a little bit(I'm only 24), bummer right? Instead of fighting it and trying to use various products to try to get my hair back I decided to just get rid of all of it.

I hope this article has given you some help deciding whether or not you should shave your head. I do hope you give it a try, I think it's something every man should do at some point in his life to see if he likes it.

P.S.- I just remembered something I wanted to mention earlier. One time I cut my hair really short, using a number one guard. I did not like the look at that point in time. I thought my face was to skinny. A couple years after that I had gained some weight and my face filled out. Then I shaved my head and loved it.

If you shave your head and don't like it now don't discount it completely. Keep an open mind about it. You might end up loving the look in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

close
Banner iklan disini